ORANGE SANDALWOOD

ORANGE SANDALWOOD

4/20/2010

DOWNSTREAM


When I was a boy, my father went on a trip and brought me a single record. Remember? The old little ones.
Supertramp. “Give a little bit” (Hit and pop classic since).
The side B was “Downstream”.

So:
you give,
you share,
then you flow.
Downstream.

I loved it. I bought the LP, played until it broke, many years later bought the CD (“because they last 100 years without losing quality”).

I love it, it gives me peace and pleasure. Not that statements like “You are the reason I was born” fit my experience exactly. But I can understand it’s a pretty thing to say to your loved one, if you really feel it. 

Downstream. Love. A statement of love.
Eternal, faithful, ready, radiant, alive, grateful, outdoors, whole.
And the boat, the stream, the placidness and fullness of saying that. Of sharing.

Just piano and voice, the steady calm of the steady beat, the renewed glance of tenderness and affection of those who chose to stare at eternity in good company, navigating through the circles of time. Sailing downstream.

DOWNSTREAM 
(Supertramp. Even for the quietest moments, 1977)

Took a boat Sunday, down by the sea
It just felt so nice, you and me
We didn't have a problem or a care, oh no
And all around was silence, everywhere

You are the reason I was born
Be with you through all seasons
I'll always hear you when you call
We'll keep the love light shining
Through each night and day
A lonely life behind me
Oh what a change you've made

So down here on the ocean, we will stay
We will stay. We will stay.
Went through a lot of changes
Turned a lot of pages
When I took a boat on Sunday

To know you as I know you now
That is all I need
And we will get along somehow
If we both believe

So down here on the ocean we will stay
We will stay. We will stay.
Went through a lot of changes
Turned a lot of pages
When I took a boat on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your commentary. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...